Every second counts in the morning but so does bite.
Make in advance on a meal-prep Sunday when planning for a busy week ahead. Perfect on-the-go, prepare this breakfast crumble for mornings where you’ll want something small and on-the-go – can also be enjoyed both warm and cold.
The key is fresh fruit. Enjoyed best with a side of strawberry dairy-free yogurt and roasted pecans for breakfast and a scoop of vanilla vegan ice cream for dessert.
Mixed Berry Crumble
- 1 large banana
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries, cut into quarters
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- In a large mixing bowl, mash banana into a thick consistency.
- Add dry ingredients - gluten-free oats, brown sugar, baking powder and almond flour. Mix until well combined.
- Pour melted vegan butter and stir until evenly mixed. Set aside
- Drizzle a tablespoon's worth of coconut oil on a pan set to low-medium heat and add strawberries, continuously stirring to avoid burning.
- Add chia seed and stir into strawberry mix.
- Remove strawberry mix from stove once a thick, jam-like texture is achieved and set aside.
- Add 2/3 crumble to a 9x9 pyrex baking tray and press down creating create a thick layer.
- Pour strawberry topping on top crust layer and distribute evenly as possible.
- Add blueberries.
- Sprinkle remaining crumble on top.
- Place in oven, baking at 350°C for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for five minutes.
- cut into 9 separate squares and serve once cool. Enjoy.