Make these now, thank me later.
I’ll even keep this short and sweet so you can get right to it. I actually had a ripe banana that I didn’t want to waste, which is what started the base of these incredibly addictive protein packed energy bites.
Enjoy them as a post-workout snack or those nights after dinner when you’re craving a little something sweet without overdoing it.
Also note, the mixture does get a little tough to combine as you add ingredients. As I say my creations are not for the faint but it certainly pays off and they’re still fun and easy to make.
Not sure if they last any longer than three days and doubt I’ll they’ll ever go bad enough for me to ever find out but they certainly keep their freshness up to that point. Store in a glass airtight container in the fridge or freezer (I prefer the freezer).
Banana Chocolate Energy Balls
- 1 Mixing bowl
- Parchment paper
- 1 Banana
- 1/4 cup Almond butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Soy milk
- 1 scoop Plant-based protein powder
- 1 tbsp Almond flour
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Walnut pieces, grind
- 1 tbsp Cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp Melted chocolate
- Divide the peeled banana 3-5 pieces (depending on size) and mash it down in a mixing bowl as much as possible, creating a thick consistency.
- Add almond butter, vanilla extract, soy milk and mix until even.
- One by one, add your favourite plant-based protein powder, almond flour, cacao powder and mix evenly.
- To a food processor, grind walnut pieces until fine and add to the rest of your ingredients. Mix until evenly combined.
- Add cacao nibs, chia seeds and shredded coconut. Mix until evenly combined.
- Divide mix into 9-12 pieces and roll into small balls. Set aside.
- To a small bowl of melted chocolate, dip each protein ball and place on a piece of parchment paper set on a plate/baking tray/cutting board - anything with a flat surface.
- Freeze for 1 hour and enjoy.