This scrumptious, versatile blueberry crumble makes the perfect breakfast and dessert, you’ll try both versions in one day – it’s that good. Serve as-is or on a small serving of vegan yogurt for breakfast or enjoy with a scoop of vegan ice cream for dessert. Add a 1/2 scoop of protein powder when meal prepping for some added “umph” to make sure you’re getting as much protein intake at the start of your day, but this is just a preference – keeping in mind that quinoa is a full protein. This is also a personal comfort go-to…probably my one and only – Enjoy!
Classic blueberry crumble
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 lemon rhind
- 1/2 lemon (juice from lemon)
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free oatmeal
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp French vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- Sliced almonds
- In a small mixing bowl, add all blueberry prep ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add and mix all blueberry crisp contents thoroughly. Set aside.
- Transfer blueberry crisp contents into a pyrex / 9×13 baking tray and spread evenly.
- Layer the blueberry crisp contents overtop blueberries.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350° celcius for 30-15 minutes.
- Cool for approximately 10 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds (optional).
Transfer contents into an air-tight, glass Pyrex container and re-warm for 15 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees when serving. Keeps for three days (or at least at mines :)).