These blueberry breakfast muffins are a definite 10 – especially on mornings where every second counts. Pair this with a coffee and I promise you’re good to go.
A couple things to consider…Be sure to use the Quaker Oats low-fat version of the oatmeal and bran muffin mix for this recipe for best results. I’ve tried using other brands from bulk barn and wasn’t happy with the outcome (at all). For the quinoa, I’ve tried both red-royal and plain. I like using plain more, but it really comes down to preference.
Blueberry Lemon Breakfast Muffins
- Mixing bowl
- Muffin tray
- Pot spoon (optional)
- 2 cups Quaker oat low fat oatmeal mix
- 2 cups Quaker oat low fat bran muffin mix
- 1 tbsp lemon extract
- 1 pint blue berries
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked (any)
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cups almond milk
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oatmeal, bran, baking powder and combine well.
- Emulsify almonds into a powder-like texture and add to the dry mix from step 1.
- Add the rind a whole lemon to the dry mix and combine well.
- Add almond milk and lemon extract and stir until even.
- Add quinoa and continue to stir well into the mix.
- Add blue berries and mix until well combined.
- Transfer muffin mix into tray and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy.
Serving: 1dozenCalories: 1971kcalCarbohydrates: 273gProtein: 75gFat: 94gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 903mgPotassium: 3399mgFiber: 94gSugar: 57gVitamin A: 280IUVitamin C: 54mgCalcium: 1290mgIron: 26mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Let muffins cool for an hour before storing in an air-tight pyrex bowl for best results. Keeps fresh for seven days.
One thought on “Blueberry Lemon Breakfast Muffins”